Had a really good day today! THANK YOU LORD!

Pretty much anything you want to talk about
Huntaholic
10 Point

Had a really good day today! THANK YOU LORD!

Post by Huntaholic »

We did our Christmas thing today at the inlaws house. As a few of you know, Ive got 3 grand daughters, 2 of which I seldom get to see due to bitter ex wives and just life in general. The oldest grand daughter is now old enough to drive, (I dont FEEL that old) and she promised she would show up but I wasnt holding my breath. Well lo and behold, all three of them showed up! Evey, my grand daughter by my oldest son, is always there but Shayla, the youngest by my youngest son, is hit or miss and Lakeland, my oldest grandchild by my youngest son, has been MIA for years now, showed up too! .pray. I love and would glady die for ANY of those kids and it did my old heart good to see them all together again! My wife has been dreading today for weeks now, just knowing she would get her heart broke yet again by at least one, if not all of them not being there but Glory and thanks be to God they all were there! Thank you Lord for giving us this day!
Wiley
10 Point

Re: Had a really good day today! THANK YOU LORD!

Post by Wiley »

How about how He surprises us! Your post put a smile on MY face! A day of memories that will last a long time no doubt.
The older I get the more I understand why roosters just scream to start their day.
Shane37110
10 Point

Post by Shane37110 »

Wonderful news! Enjoy every minute of their company.
MUP

Post by MUP »

It just don't get any better than that buddy! The best of times!
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
snakester50
10 Point

Post by snakester50 »

Awesome brother wished I could see my granddaughters but after a falling out no forgiveness in them . I'd like to see my youngest granddaughters two boys my great grandsons but it's not in the cards . Grandsons I get to see but one is in Rochester NY , I think they are coming down for Christmas though .My son's two sons will come up after our get together as he's got a get together with his wife's family first off and I think him and my next to oldest daughter had a kinda falling out but I'll get to see them at least .
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

Thats probably the best Christmas present you could receive!
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

WG Taxidermist wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:02 pm Thats probably the best Christmas present you could receive!
ABSOLUTELY! God has truly blessed us and I dont feel like I should ask for or expect ANYTHING, Im just happy to be here in case they need me.
Sackett
8 Point

Post by Sackett »

It was a great pic of you all. I think I remember the last time I saw them all three together. It sure made you smile big that day too.
In the end it is up to the man what he becomes, and none of those other things matter. In horses, dogs and men it is character that counts. Louis L'Amour in his novel, Chancy
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

Sackett wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:47 pm It was a great pic of you all. I think I remember the last time I saw them all three together. It sure made you smile big that day too.
Sept 1st, 2019 was the last time all 3 of these girls were together and that was at my Dad's funeral. It was a MUCH more enjoyable experience this time!
And I smiled that day to keep from crying, just like Saturday. Those girls dont have any idea how much they mean to me. Id walk through hell barefooted if they asked or needed me to.
Sackett
8 Point

Post by Sackett »

Huntaholic wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:34 pm
Sackett wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:47 pm It was a great pic of you all. I think I remember the last time I saw them all three together. It sure made you smile big that day too.
Sept 1st, 2019 was the last time all 3 of these girls were together and that was at my Dad's funeral. It was a MUCH more enjoyable experience this time!
And I smiled that day to keep from crying, just like Saturday. Those girls dont have any idea how much they mean to me. Id walk through hell barefooted if they asked or needed me to.
Yep, I understand and remember it well. You sure perked up when you saw them come in that day. My grandma always said grandkids are the best medicine in the world. From what I have saw, I believe her.
In the end it is up to the man what he becomes, and none of those other things matter. In horses, dogs and men it is character that counts. Louis L'Amour in his novel, Chancy
Longrange
6 Point

Post by Longrange »

Nice. I’m glad you got to see them all at the same time in the same place