Fly fishing.

Pretty much anything you want to talk about
akachuck
8 Point

Fly fishing.

Post by akachuck »

Anyone on here do it? For me it’s my favorite kind of fishing. If it’s bass, carp, trout or whatever it’s a blast. I mainly target trout on the clinch but it’s so crowded and Facebook has ruined it. Below Norris dam, miller’s island, peach orchard, and 2nd babtist church and for small mouth the south Holsten river. I plan on getting back into it this spring idc if it’s bluegill, bass, trout or whatever. I miss the fight of a fish on the long pole.
Jesus turned water into wine, I turned it into liquor.- popcorn Sutton
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Re: Fly fishing.

Post by WG Taxidermist »

I've never done it but I'd sure like to learn how. I've always been interested in it.
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt
akachuck
8 Point

Post by akachuck »

WG Taxidermist wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:22 pm I've never done it but I'd sure like to learn how. I've always been interested in it.
I’d love to take you. Hope it don’t matter what we go after lol
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

akachuck wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:43 pm
WG Taxidermist wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:22 pm I've never done it but I'd sure like to learn how. I've always been interested in it.
I've been tempted to buy me a fly rod for several years but just haven't done it.
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt
mike243
10 Point

Post by mike243 »

Had to quit when I became Diabetic ,I learned quickly if wading in a cold ass river and you can't feel your feet you will step in a deep hole or trip and fill waders up. you can catch more trout with the right fly's vs worms or corn, they will hit something that looks like what they always eat' imo. it's a lot of work and it takes a lot of skill to fish up in the mountain's vs the rivers and lakes, roll casts and other methods need to be learned , dabbing with a 7' rod happens a lot in the small tite places
akachuck
8 Point

Post by akachuck »

WG Taxidermist wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:48 pm
akachuck wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:43 pm
I've been tempted to buy me a fly rod for several years but just haven't done it.
$$$$$ they’re expensive!!! I think my rod and reel I have is a total of 1,200 bucks. I’ll have to look at the brand names when I get outta bed. It’s a 8 6. If you’d like I’ll take you on a trip somewhere
snakester50
10 Point

Post by snakester50 »

I don't think I could get into that, I see myself tangled up all the time.
Mattt
Button

Post by Mattt »

Been a sickness for me for a long time
caretaker
10 Point

Post by caretaker »

I have an old Shakespeare , Quick Taper , Presidential rod and reel combo inherited from my father that I have no clue how to use. I will play with it this spring/ summer. I also have a Sliver Stream still in the package. Dad never used it because it had a manual reel. The old rod had a spring loaded auto.
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets