The funeral is going to be tough...UPDATE IN OP

Pretty much anything you want to talk about
Jethro
10 Point

The funeral is going to be tough...UPDATE IN OP

Post by Jethro »

As recently posted, my baby brother passed this past Saturday. He is actually my stepbrother, but we were really close growing up....hes just like my real brother. He had a heart of gold as big as the moon.

Seven years ago, when my daughter was 14, she was touched inappropriately by my POS dad. Aside from the obvious, it caused a huge riff in the family. About half went one way, the other half the other. We haven't seen or spoke to them in 7 years. My stepmother taking my dad's side, my stepbrother went that way. We haven't seen or heard from him either.

When we got the bad news Saturday morning, my daughter, now about to turn 21, said she was not going to funeral. Said "he" would be there and she didnt want anywhere near him. This is understandable, as we dont want to be around that POS either. After thinking about it for a day, she has changed her mind. Her uncle didnt do anything to her, and we all love him dearly. Shes going to go, hold her head high, and be there for him. This is the same reason any of us are going. My little brother deserves this.
Im going to miss my brother....never once thought that the baby would be the first to go.
Im also proud of my daughter. Shes facing her fears and is doing whats right....and God help anyone that says anything to her. She aint no little girl anymore....and she knows I have her back.
This will be a tough day....should be interesting.

UPDATE

Just an update to say that the funeral was yesterday, and it went really well.... considering it was a funeral.
It was slightly stressful upon arrival not knowing how others would react to us being there. No one said a word about what happened....and I can appreciate that. My son caused the biggest reaction....but in a good way I guess. Jeb was only five when the problem happened, and hes twelve now. None of them had seen him since he was five. Having Down Syndrome, he wasnt doing much at five....but a lot has changed since. There were a lot of tears when he walked into the room....happy tears I guess. His hugs were breaking everyone down. Just something about him. No one gave my daughter any grief....and Im thankful for that.
At this point, Im not willing to call it a starting point....but its not out of the question.....at least for them to be around our son. I just want to be sure before subjecting him to.....part of his life....not part of his life...part of...etc. He just dont understand that stuff.
Our daughter is an adult...and any involvement from her is her choice. Ill back her either way.
Last edited by Jethro on Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
MUP

Re: The funeral is going to be tough...

Post by MUP »

Praying that the Lord will grant your family strength and comfort brother. Tough place to be in for sure.
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
Tngrizzly_

Post by Tngrizzly_ »

So sorry that you all are going through this
GOD, Family, and the Great Outdoors. What more can a Man Want
caretaker
10 Point

Post by caretaker »

May the funeral for your brother go smoothly.
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

Prayers sent.. Really hope he has a nice service.
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt
snakester50
10 Point

Post by snakester50 »

So sorry for your loss Jeff please accept my condolences.

Dear Heavenly Father coming to your mighty throne of grace asking for comfort to these mentioned as they have lost a loved one . Please receive his spirit Father and surround them with your loving arms giving you all the praise, glory and honor asking in the precious mighty name of our Savior Jesus Christ amen.
mike243
10 Point

Post by mike243 »

.pray.
rabbit

Post by rabbit »

I am so sorry. Prayers for a smooth and peaceful service.
#FollowMeAndIWillBlessYou
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

Damn, that's a tough spot to be in. When I first read it I thought it said stepdad was the bad one, after reading again, I see it was dad that crossed the line. I wouldn't want to be in your shoes. My condolences for your loss.
Swamper
8 Point

Post by Swamper »

Prayers to you and all! Hope everything goes good!!
Greet the day, make him gobble!!
Wiley
10 Point

Post by Wiley »

Praying for civility but also praying that in His time all things are made right.
The older I get the more I understand why roosters just scream to start their day.
Volbuck777
4 Point

Post by Volbuck777 »

Prayers bud in Jesus name
Shane37110
10 Point

Post by Shane37110 »

You have my deepest condolences and prayers for strength and peace. You tell your daughter I think that she has more strength and courage than I could muster in that situation. I could never fault her for not attending. But for attending and holding her head high, she has my utmost respect. God bless her!
Rob R.
8 Point

Post by Rob R. »

Wow!! I honestly don’t know what to say. I am so sorry y’all have to go though this especially with the unknown and the tension. Saying an extra prayer for your daughter.
"Take me hunting daddy!"
Lost Lake
10 Point

Post by Lost Lake »

Very sorry for your loss, and the situation you and your daughter are in.
A man is best measured not by what motivates him, but what it takes to stop him.
Tennessee Lead
10 Point

Post by Tennessee Lead »

So very sorry that y’all are in this situation. Praying for all
"A hunt based only on the trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be" - Fred Bear
Jethro
10 Point

Re: The funeral is going to be tough...UPDATE IN OP

Post by Jethro »

Update in op
MUP

Post by MUP »

Glad it went as good as it probably could have, all things considered.
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
timberjack86
6 Point

Post by timberjack86 »

Glad to hear it went smoothly