Thieves pissed their pants

Pretty much anything you want to talk about
scat
8 Point

Thieves pissed their pants

Post by scat »

Wednesday night, my neighbor called me at work around 10:45pm to tell me that some guys were trying to steal one of my trailers but left it (it has a lock on it). Thursday I took it to work and loaded 2 large pallets on it and parked it in the same spot the next morning.

FF to last night. I was in my hobby room in the garage getting my fishing gear ready to go fishing. I turned the light off and was closing the door when my security light came on where the trailers and one of my boats are parked. I called the wife out of bed and grabbed my loaded home defense shotgun and eased out there. Sure enough they had cut the lock and were attempting to drag a loaded 7x12 trailer 25ft to the street......when I chambered a round in the pump shotgun. They freaked out and ran deeper into the area, jumping my fence into the yard. About that time the wife comes out with all 5 dogs as she came out to get in the way. About the time the dogs ran them down, I arrived and held them at gunpoint until the police arrived. My neighbor had it all on camera for the police to review. One of the thieves even pissed his pants. The getaway driver did not come back for them. White Yukon.

I've lived here since 1974 and Never have had anything stolen.
Joe Biden is just Hillary Clinton with a smaller cod.
Jethro
10 Point

Re: Thieves pissed their pants

Post by Jethro »

Ooops.... 😂
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

It all worked out for the best, but I wouldn't have went sleepy joe on them by racking the slide. IF I catch you stealing my shit, you've got 2 choices, one of them is to do EXACTLY as I say, option 2 isn't so pleasant. Run from me, jump MY fence and head even closer into my house AND straight toward my wife?????? BANG BANG BANG BANG, how many did you say there was? When they ran TOAWRD your house and your wife, that was immediate fear for your or your wife's life. Problem solved, problem staying solved.
MUP

Post by MUP »

Dang buddy! Glad it worked in your favor! You just can't take a chance on those low life's not being armed and ready to fire on you in or-der to get away! I hope you prosecute their sorry hind ends to the fullest!
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
MUP

Post by MUP »

And, I'm afraid this sort of thing is going to get really bad from here on. Carry, always, no exceptions, and stay alert to your surroundings at all times.
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
Planking
6 Point

Post by Planking »

Im glad that worked out. That is an insane story!! That could have went really bad. Keep us posted on their how long they get in jail.

I was night hunting last night and i just can't imagine how stupid someone would have to be to try and use the cover of darkness to even step foot on my place.
Shane37110
10 Point

Post by Shane37110 »

Glad it worked out for you.
Several years ago a guy on the road behind me got broken into one time and he let the dogs loose from his bedroom. Guy didn't own a gun at the time. The dogs got on the bad guy pretty bad. Bad guy got away but there was a lot of blood and the dogs had a large piece of blue jean material and a flannel shirt sleeve. Before the deputies finished the report the ER notified them that a guy just came in by private vehicle with multiple dog bites and was headed to emergency surgery. Deputies took the dog's trophies and matched them up at the ER. They even waited until after the hospital released the guy so the county wouldn't be on the hook for the medical bills.
MUP

Post by MUP »

two thumbs ^^^
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

Im not SURE either one of mine would bite, if either of them did, it would be the smaller 35lb border collie/heeler mix. The other one, also border collie/heeler but shes part lab too, shes 65 to 70 lbs of black and white Rottweiler to look at her, but she wouldn't bite anybody I don't think.
scat
8 Point

Post by scat »

We have 2 houses that are about 35 yards apart. I built the new one where i was at for my inlaws. Both lots are in one chainlink fenced area a little over an acre. When I racked the shotgun, I was between the crooks and the street so they had nowhere to go but over the fence. They ran along the top of the property, never getting closer than 30 yards from the my house. As I was making my way into the fenced area, I yelled for the wife to get inside the house and the dogs had them cornered between my truck camper and a 10 x10 outbuilding. The Brittanys just barked a lot, the Collie barked a lot and acted crazy, but the Redtick got her some.

You never know about people or what they'll do. If one had drawn on me, it wouldn't have ended well for him.
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

Dang! I think the more stuff keeps going up the more the thieves are going to steal. They gotta support their habits somehow.
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt
scat
8 Point

Post by scat »

I'm not a thief but if I were to even attempt something that brazen. I sure wouldn't do it a 10:30pm when a lot of people are awake. I'd do it at 2 or 3 am.
caretaker
10 Point

Post by caretaker »

Wow, Scat, I hope the dogs put a bite mark or two on em. Now, press charges. The really sad part is that if those guys were honestly hurting for money and had asked you for help you would have tried to help them.
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
snakester50
10 Point

Post by snakester50 »

Glad it worked out for you brother , I always tell my wife to stay in the house with a loaded pistol . Now.this lady ain't scared to shoot anybody .
mike243
10 Point

Post by mike243 »

Dang sorry POS , I hope they catch the driver so he can get what he deserves too. will be watching for white Yukon . Will look at the arrest reports see if anybody I know of was involved
mike243
10 Point

Post by mike243 »

city or county arrest?
Swamper
8 Point

Post by Swamper »

POS’s!! Yes! Could have been bad!! Glad it ALL are safe!! Hope the they catch “get a way” too!
Greet the day, make him gobble!!
scat
8 Point

Post by scat »

mike243 wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:11 am city or county arrest?
City
Sackett
8 Point

Post by Sackett »

My property along the road is fenced, then my pasture is fenced and my yard is fenced in. I have a power gate at my driveway. I also have 4, LARGE, German Shepherds in the yard too. :D I have security cameras also, but they are more so I can watch my dogs in the yard when ever I want.
NO ONE comes in my yard unless they know me and my dogs well. :D Most people call me to ask for the code to get in and make sure the dogs won't get them. :)
My house got broke into 10 years or more ago. It was a sick feeling. I went out and bought a security system. In researching what was best and how to set it up etc. I came across the number one thing that stopped more thieves than anything else.... DOGS! So I have well over 400 lbs of German Shepherds in the yard and one 5 lb chihuahua inside. Honestly, that 5 lb'r rules the roost! :D
Attachments
20210909_195204.jpg
20210909_195204.jpg (385.13 KiB) Viewed 208 times
In the end it is up to the man what he becomes, and none of those other things matter. In horses, dogs and men it is character that counts. Louis L'Amour in his novel, Chancy
rabbit

Post by rabbit »

Dang, glad you got them. All my neighbors are mostly retired service vets and they know I'm always armed. Not a lot goes on that someone around me knows about. I have got some thugs on the cameras early morning checking truck doors.
#FollowMeAndIWillBlessYou