Anyone following that Icon park accident??

Pretty much anything you want to talk about
Jethro
10 Point

Anyone following that Icon park accident??

Post by Jethro »

First and foremost....I am not trying to make lite of the accident...its awful, and sad....but...
Something doesn't seem right. They keep saying that the boy fell from the 430 foot high ride. They dont say if it was at the top or not, but they make it sound like it was. I just read where they said...."He was taken to the hospital, where he later died". Ummm, I would think falling 430' would be instant death!!??
Said he was 6'5" 340 pounds, and was 50+ pounds over weight for the ride. Also said his seat belt/restraint was still in the correct position....and locked. I dont want to jump to any conclusions...but my guess is....he was to big for it, and had it behind him.. And whats with this woman claiming to be his cousin (no relationship at all), that just left her job in....ummm adult entertainment? Looking for/expecting a payday???
I hope they get this figured out...but something just doesn't seem right.
ImThere
10 Point

Re: Anyone following that Icon park accident??

Post by ImThere »

I completely agree. That’s why rides have rules. I would bet the operator didn’t want to argue with them.
Tree Saddle hunters_R_us on Tapatalk bored
JCodd
10 Point

Post by JCodd »

I’ve seen the video. The ride was closer to the bottom than it was at the top when he fell out. Basically, they take you to the top and it free falls, when it slowed to shoot back up, the kid just kept coming down. Basically, he was spiked like a football, but looked like he fell maybe closer to 50 feet than 430. But yes, he was much bigger than the ride was able to accommodate.
Jethro
10 Point

Post by Jethro »

Many years ago, I rode free fall at six flags. If not tied down, you will come out of your seat. Whats the likelihood he had his belt behind him, and was just falling with the ride....till it slowed down (as jason mentioned from the video), and just kept going? Not like he fell from higher, just was out of his seat due to not being strapped in.
Sackett
8 Point

Post by Sackett »

He was well over the weight/size limit for the ride. I saw the picture of him and it was pretty obvious (now knowing what happened) that he was to large for the ride. He may have only be 14 years old but he was A BIG boy! Terrible, terrible tragedy! It seems obvious that who ever was handling the area where they get on the ride a tragic mistake allowing him on it and also not making sure he was buckled in.
I am sure this will end in a HUGE settlement and I imagine a team of lawyers will be arguing his future profit potential as an NFL football player.

He is on the right --->
Attachments
Screenshot_20220405-105941_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20220405-105941_Google.jpg (30.17 KiB) Viewed 195 times
In the end it is up to the man what he becomes, and none of those other things matter. In horses, dogs and men it is character that counts. Louis L'Amour in his novel, Chancy
MUP

Post by MUP »

If that's the pic just prior to the ride beginning then it's obvious that the locking bar wasn't closed all the way. Terrible.
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
JCodd
10 Point

Post by JCodd »

I’m actually surprised he wasn’t internally decapitated from the shoulder strap thing. And if that’s the only harness, someone truly missed the mark on safety.
Sackett
8 Point

Post by Sackett »

That is the real pic. You can google him/the accident and see and read more.
In the end it is up to the man what he becomes, and none of those other things matter. In horses, dogs and men it is character that counts. Louis L'Amour in his novel, Chancy
Shane37110
10 Point

Post by Shane37110 »

I'm willing to bet the operator ignored the weight limit because he was afraid of being called a racist if he didn't let him ride.
MUP

Post by MUP »

Good point Shane, very possible in today's times.
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
snakester50
10 Point

Post by snakester50 »

Hate it for him and his family but guys I'm not getting on something like that.
FLTENNHUNTER1
8 Point

Post by FLTENNHUNTER1 »

I watched the video and he face planted at a high rate of speed and was DRT. The sound alone confirmed he died instantly.
If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
- Thomas Paine
1oz 10% Permethrin : 15oz Water = 0.667%
1oz 10% Permethrin : 20oz Water = 0.5%

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

www.usdebtclock.org