Tree down against the house

Pretty much anything you want to talk about
MUP

Tree down against the house

Post by MUP »

I guess I'll be trying to impersonate Huntaholic today and cut this tree away from the house. It fell over last night and is just leaning against the house barely. No damage that I can see. It's only about 12" thru so hoping I can top it down little by little and get it away from the house.
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
snakester50
10 Point

Re: Tree down against the house

Post by snakester50 »

Be careful brother !
Planking
6 Point

Post by Planking »

Lucky it didn't do any damage. I hope it comes on down for you.
Sackett
8 Point

Post by Sackett »

That sounds like a close call. Glad there is no damage!
In the end it is up to the man what he becomes, and none of those other things matter. In horses, dogs and men it is character that counts. Louis L'Amour in his novel, Chancy
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

No advice without seeing it, but if its no bigger than that Id be tempted to tie a rope in it and have somebody pull it while I cut it. Less likely to do any damage to your house that way.
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

Huntaholic wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 10:52 am No advice without seeing it, but if its no bigger than that Id be tempted to tie a rope in it and have somebody pull it while I cut it. Less likely to do any damage to your house that way.
I was thinking the same thing but depending on where it's at it might not be an option.
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

Well for that 8lb jug of CFE 223 I might be able to be talked into coming down there and taking care of it for him. LOL
FLTENNHUNTER1
8 Point

Post by FLTENNHUNTER1 »

Holy smokes let me know if you need help.
If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
- Thomas Paine
1oz 10% Permethrin : 15oz Water = 0.667%
1oz 10% Permethrin : 20oz Water = 0.5%

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

www.usdebtclock.org
MUP

Post by MUP »

It was mostly hinged over with the top resting over the fence and against the house. I started trimming the top little by little, and there was one limb resting right on top of a fence post. I started cutting on the outside of that limb and BAM! It slammed on down on the ground! Whew! Skeered the chit outta me! It has tension on it there and the next few cuts as well. 😬 I cut just enough back to be able to get around the house easily, and decided to wait until the poison oak, that I hacked the vines into, had a chance to die before I waded into those poisonous leaves to cut the rest of it. Oh, and I also finished freaking destroying the AC compressor on my daughter's car today as well. Went to simply take that bolt out to put a washer behind it to get it to tighten up on the clutch more and the freaking head of THAT bolt snapped off now! I tried to slot it to no avail, then tried to drill it out and broke the freaking drill off inside the shaft! It'll have to have a new compressor now. I FREAKING HATE THE WAY VEHICLES ARE MADE THESE DAYS!!! CHINCY FREAKING JUNK IS ALL THEY ARE ANYMORE!
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
Swamper
8 Point

Post by Swamper »

Sounds like you have had one H&!! Of a day!! Glad nobody hurt and minimal damage!!
Greet the day, make him gobble!!
Longrange
6 Point

Post by Longrange »

Dang brother. My day don’t look so bad now. Good luck with it.
Wiley
10 Point

Post by Wiley »

DAMMITMAN!!! You need a rabbit's foot.
The older I get the more I understand why roosters just scream to start their day.
MUP

Post by MUP »

Back to work this morning....who would think that getting back to work would be so welcomed! :roll: