Have you changed?

Pretty much anything you want to talk about
Jethro
10 Point

Have you changed?

Post by Jethro »

I dont know what has caused it, but I think Ive changed....in a sense. Ive always been the type of person that was eager to help others. According to my mother, I nearly failed a few grades in elementary school...I was more concerned with helping other kids than I was with doing my own work. That trait has pretty much followed me through life. Its been said, and I cant disagree, that I have a black/white personality. Apparently, shades of gray dont exist. You are either for or against me. I think Im to old to try to change now....not that I have any desire to. Generally speaking, Im usually leaning more to the helpful side, and it was difficult to get on my bad side. But here lately, Im finding it easier to get put on the bad side.
Had it out with a neighbor about a month ago...a friend for nearly 10 years....gone. And it wasn't even my friend, it was his condescending yankee wife. Although Ive disagreed with her in the past, Ive always just let it go....but not this time. Then, there is the other thing thats going on. Ive never had an issue with burning bridges, but here lately, seems ive become a bit of a firebug. Im just over people trying to take advantage of me. I dont know if its the general climate of today's society, or what. Ive given of myself to the point thats its put me in a bind at times....only to have them try to shove it up my arse just as soon as I turn around. Im becoming much more cynical. Is it from getting older, or something else? Has anyone else gone through this?
snakester50
10 Point

Re: Have you changed?

Post by snakester50 »

Yeah I've changed quite a bit. Try to listen to the HS moreso helping others but really have to understand the need to quit helping because if you feel someone is using you then its time .
rabbit

Post by rabbit »

I have as well, I used to be kind of passive, in the degree I would just let things go and not pick an argument over minor things. But for the last several years as I've gotten older that's gone. I will speak mind, you either like it or hit the door. That's with my kids and anyone else. I've lived long enough to know a few things so don't ask my opinion on something then be condescending. I will let you know. All this to say brother, it ain't just you. Hang in there.
#FollowMeAndIWillBlessYou
shootnmiss
6 Point

Post by shootnmiss »

I don't thank I've changed. I've always been fun loving nice guy.
I wanna go back to 1776 when men had balls and chicks didn't
Tru-Talker
6 Point

Post by Tru-Talker »

I know I haven't changed....I treat everyone the same and no one gets any edge one way or another....
Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves....
ImThere
10 Point

Post by ImThere »

Nope I was born an asshole and remain and asshole!!
Tree Saddle hunters_R_us on Tapatalk bored
Wiley
10 Point

Post by Wiley »

I've definitely changed with age. I'm mellowed out WAY more than I was even 10 or 15 years ago and probably even 5 years ago. BUT with that comes my "No Bullschitt" policy. There was a time when I could/would tolerate some BS but that ship has sailed.
The older I get the more I understand why roosters just scream to start their day.
MUP

Post by MUP »

Is she a liberal as well? If so no other explanation necessary, as she probably needed put in her place LONG ago. I think I've mellowed way more since I've become older LOL. I've not been in jail in over 35 years now. :mrgreen:
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
Jethro
10 Point

Post by Jethro »

MUP wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:23 am Is she a liberal as well? If so no other explanation necessary, as she probably needed put in her place LONG ago. I think I've mellowed way more since I've become older LOL. I've not been in jail in over 35 years now. :mrgreen:
I dont know about the liberal part....maybe. This argument had to do with her opinion that she had the right to dictate other people's language....in their own home/business. This 75 yr old woman was in a tat parlor getting her nose pierced. The owner dropped the f bomb. She came down on him with this whole "grandma bear" thing....like she was talking to a 5 yr old. I told her, had it been my establishment, I would have booted her arse out the door. It went downhill from there. She was making comments right and left. Then started denying saying them. I informed her there were security cameras on both sides of her that recorded video as well as audio. We could check the dvr if she wanted. By then, she was kinda pissed that I was calling her a liar.
JCodd
10 Point

Post by JCodd »

I’ve learned to pick my battles and most aren’t worth fighting. You won’t change their opinion. So walk away or change the subject. Now, if they wanna chase me as I’m headed out, I’ll tell you how I feel.
MUP

Post by MUP »

Nose piercing? At 75 years old? Liberal without a doubt I'm thinking! 😂
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
Jethro
10 Point

Post by Jethro »

MUP wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:05 am Nose piercing? At 75 years old? Liberal without a doubt I'm thinking! 😂
Could be. Ive always just tried to avoid her BS, but this time she was under MY roof. Doing the same thing she did to him....talking down to, belittling, etc. Be whatever you want lady, but you wont treat me like that while a guest in my house.
caretaker
10 Point

Post by caretaker »

I use to try to be the negotiator. The smoother outer. The one that would get something done when no one else would even try. I was the one that was turned to take care of people,places,things and problems. I went so far trying to help others that I wound up broken ,mentally,physically,and financially. Now, I just want to be left alone. Live in the middle of nowhere. Basically social media is my only contact with humans.
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

Yeah Ive changed. Ask anybody thats known me for 20 years or more. Among my circle of friends there is this thing called "a Burchett fit" and I was a master at throwing them. I have mellowed out tremendously in the last 10 to 15 years though and nobody that knew me then can believe how much Ive changed.
Longrange
6 Point

Post by Longrange »

Huntaholic wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:02 pm Yeah Ive changed. Ask anybody thats known me for 20 years or more. Among my circle of friends there is this thing called "a Burchett fit" and I was a master at throwing them. I have mellowed out tremendously in the last 10 to 15 years though and nobody that knew me then can believe how much Ive changed.
Rumor has it a set of camp rules were made because of a Burchett fit.

But I wouldn’t know anything about that. Lol
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

Longrange wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:31 pm
Huntaholic wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:02 pm Yeah Ive changed. Ask anybody thats known me for 20 years or more. Among my circle of friends there is this thing called "a Burchett fit" and I was a master at throwing them. I have mellowed out tremendously in the last 10 to 15 years though and nobody that knew me then can believe how much Ive changed.

LMAO! Those "rules" made things a lot easier honestly! Read the list, dont do anything on the list, and life is GOOD! thumbs up
Swamper
8 Point

Post by Swamper »

.rolling. :A
Huntaholic wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:32 pm
Longrange wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:31 pm

LMAO! Those "rules" made things a lot easier honestly! Read the list, dont do anything on the list, and life is GOOD! thumbs up
.rolling. Yep Like me LOL Hunt has “mellowed” out (a little). The list has helped, but will prolly need amending!! .rolling.
Greet the day, make him gobble!!