Snow still possible?

Members giving us the weather info
MUP

Snow still possible?

Post by MUP »

What are models showing for snow late week now BSK?
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
BSK
10 Point

Re: Snow still possible?

Post by BSK »

A dusting to a half inch for the Plateau Sunday, especially the northern end towards KY. Still looking at the possibility of snow Tuesday and again next Sunday.
"Know where you stand and stand there" Jesuit Father Daniel Berrigan

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into" Jonathan Swift
MUP

Post by MUP »

Looks like the cold air is going to be in place for a while, all that's needed is some moisture.
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
BSK
10 Point

Post by BSK »

Right now, I don't see anything in the long-range models that indicates a big snow, but I see a lot of surges of cold air over the next two weeks in combination with a strong southern storm track. Those are the two things needed for big snows in TN. So we shall see.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into" Jonathan Swift
Beefydeer
4 Point

Post by Beefydeer »

I hope we never get another 13 inches like we did last year. That was way too much.
"I'm just tryin to deer hunt."

You can't fix stupid!!!
caretaker
10 Point

Post by caretaker »

Would not hurt my feelings to have another mini ice age. Maybe have 1/2 mile thick glaciers as far south as Chicago. Put a slow down on a lot of the out door activities like rioting,looting, protesting, bombing,terrorism, and etc.
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
MUP

Post by MUP »

There was a segment on TWC today that indicated the scenario that you spoke of BSK. Saying conditions are right for an east coast and se snow event by next week.
MUP

Post by MUP »

What's the next week or so looking like now BSK? Snow wise that is?
BSK
10 Point

Post by BSK »

Unfortunately, it's looking like these storm systems are going to be riding too far down through the Deep South to allow enough moisture up into the cold air over TN.

In addition, it looks like a temporary warm-up right at the end of January (the January Thaw, which is a real event in the MidSouth).

MUP

Post by MUP »

Are the models still showing cold snowy Feb into March?
leader
Site Admin

Post by leader »

My six year old asks me everyday"Daddy, when is it going to snow?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only dumb questions are those never asked!!!!
BSK
10 Point

Post by BSK »

Climate group I listen to is still sticking to their prediction of a very cold and snowy February and March.

Looks like a little winter precip sweeping across the state Wednesday morning before turning to rain later in the day. In addition, could be accumulating snow Friday as a storm system sweeps through.

Right now, I'm watch the possibility of a BIG storm crossing the Deep South next Tuesday/Wednesday that could be a major snow producer for TN.

BSK
10 Point

Post by BSK »

I think they're exaggerating more than a little bit, but the GFS models right now show the storm on Friday to be a measurable snow producer and the storm mid-week next week to be a monster snow producer. Again, I think the model is over-doing it for next week, but just a heads up...

BSK
10 Point

Post by BSK »

And by the way, the climate model group I listen to has been saying they think the "much above normal" snow totals they've been forecasting across the MidSouth for the winter will come in 3 or 4 big storms, instead of a lot of little snow producers.

MUP

Post by MUP »

Cool. I just took a glance at the weather channel and wfy.com and they are saying light snow/ice Wed night, then snow Friday into Sat, then some type of winter weather system next week as well. Could get interesting this Wed tho as they are predicting ice/sleet.
leader
Site Admin

Post by leader »

I don't need snow because of work(snow =kids out of school) and then Fri supposed to go to Cincinnati and then onward North to visit with wife's relatives at Great Wolf Lodge.
I can get there in the snow but would rather have dry weather
Past that tough, bring it on next week so I can plan accordingly, we love to play in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only dumb questions are those never asked!!!!
7mminatree
8 Point

Post by 7mminatree »

I've got just enough snow to cover everything and I'm already sick of it.
BSK
10 Point

Post by BSK »

Looks like 1-3 inches of snow north of I-40 through Middle TN and about that for all of East TN Wednesday. Still looks like several inches of snow across the state Friday afternoon. Next week's storm is the tough one. Each model runs shows something COMPLETELY different. Yesterday morning's run showed a monster snow-storm across Middle TN. Yesterday evening's run showed the storm going down too far south into the Gulf of Mexico to effect TN. This morning's run shows the storm going down into the Gulf initially, but then turning and heading northeast through GA, bring heavy snow to East TN but not Middle TN. We shall see as the date gets closer. Generally, the models solidify a bit within 7 days of the event.

MUP

Post by MUP »

The most significant difference in what we "usually" see with these systems thru the SE part of the state, is that the cold air has been in place, really cold air, and the ground is primed to accept and hold frozen precip. Should be interesting for sure.
BSK
10 Point

Post by BSK »

Still looking at measurable snow across the state Friday afternoon and into Saturday morning. But that big system forecast for midweek next week looks like it's going to dive deep into the Gulf of Mexico and then swing up the East Coast, making for another big snow maker for that area instead of the MidSouth.