Titans got a very good RB.

Pretty much anything you want to talk about
Deerbuster
10 Point

Titans got a very good RB.

Post by Deerbuster »

Titans got RB Demarco Murry. Should help take a lot of pressure of Mariota.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... sf22139102
GO LSU
Beefydeer
4 Point

Re: Titans got a very good RB.

Post by Beefydeer »

Looks like the new GM is workin hard.
"I'm just tryin to deer hunt."

You can't fix stupid!!!
moondawg
Spike

Post by moondawg »

Deerbuster wrote:Titans got RB Demarco Murry. Should help take a lot of pressure of Mariota.
I certainly hope so. I also hope they fix the O line as well. A good QB and RB is a good start, but both are worthless if there's no line to protect them.
farmin68
4 Point

Post by farmin68 »

moondawg wrote:
Deerbuster wrote:Titans got RB Demarco Murry. Should help take a lot of pressure of Mariota.
I certainly hope so. I also hope they fix the O line as well. A good QB and RB is a good start, but both are worthless if there's no line to protect them.
Looks like the Titans picked up an offensive lineman from the Texans today. Can't recall who it is.
Inkstainz
8 Point

Post by Inkstainz »

man here lately it seems when a rb gets paid in the nfl, they aren't as hungry as they were. hope this isn't a repeat.
Deerbuster
10 Point

Post by Deerbuster »

Inkstainz wrote:man here lately it seems when a rb gets paid in the nfl, they aren't as hungry as they were. hope this isn't a repeat.
He was getting paid good in philly. He said he just couldn't stand the team or the city. So hopefully he can do better at Tennessee.
GO LSU
BSK
10 Point

Post by BSK »

Deerbuster wrote:
Inkstainz wrote:man here lately it seems when a rb gets paid in the nfl, they aren't as hungry as they were. hope this isn't a repeat.
He was getting paid good in philly. He said he just couldn't stand the team or the city. So hopefully he can do better at Tennessee.
In Dallas, where Murray did so well, more than 80% of his carries came from a QB dropping back from under center. In Philly, more than 80% of his carries came from a QB standing next to him in the shotgun. HUGE difference in production. Mularkey has already said they expect to have Mariota under center far more than he has been in the past.
"Know where you stand and stand there" Jesuit Father Daniel Berrigan

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into" Jonathan Swift
BSK
10 Point

Post by BSK »

Considering his history with the Patriots, and his actions so far, I'm thoroughly sold on the Titan's new GM.

The coach? Not so much. He's going to have to prove it to me, and so far he's not been successful anywhere, and was fairly despised in Jacksonville.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into" Jonathan Swift
Beefydeer
4 Point

Post by Beefydeer »

BSK wrote:Considering his history with the Patriots, and his actions so far, I'm thoroughly sold on the Titan's new GM.

The coach? Not so much. He's going to have to prove it to me, and so far he's not been successful anywhere, and was fairly despised in Jacksonville.
I gotta believe he knows a good coach is gonna be available next year and just gonna wait it out.

You can't fix stupid!!!
AllOutdoors
10 Point

Post by AllOutdoors »

Beefydeer wrote:
BSK wrote:Considering his history with the Patriots, and his actions so far, I'm thoroughly sold on the Titan's new GM.

I gotta believe he knows a good coach is gonna be available next year and just gonna wait it out.
I hope your right.
It sure would be nice to have a home state team to pull for.
BSK
10 Point

Post by BSK »

AllOutdoors wrote:
Beefydeer wrote:

I hope your right.
It sure would be nice to have a home state team to pull for.
Agreed. In fact, my wife and I are debating whether to buy season tickets this year. Last year, for the first time in 15 years, we didn't. And we never regretted that as we watched the Titans lose and lose.

Beefydeer
4 Point

Post by Beefydeer »

I gotta believe he knows a good coach is gonna be available next year and just gonna wait it out.[/quote]
I hope your right.
It sure would be nice to have a home state team to pull for.[/quote]

Agreed. In fact, my wife and I are debating whether to buy season tickets this year. Last year, for the first time in 15 years, we didn't. And we never regretted that as we watched the Titans lose and lose.[/quote]

I feel confident they will be at least 8-8 this year.

You can't fix stupid!!!
moondawg
Spike

Post by moondawg »

Beefydeer wrote:I gotta believe he knows a good coach is gonna be available next year and just gonna wait it out.
I hope your right.
It sure would be nice to have a home state team to pull for.[/quote]

Agreed. In fact, my wife and I are debating whether to buy season tickets this year. Last year, for the first time in 15 years, we didn't. And we never regretted that as we watched the Titans lose and lose.[/quote]

I feel confident they will be at least 8-8 this year.[/quote]
8-8 will be a remarkable improvement if that happens. That record would be eligible for the playoffs, depending on other teams' records.