Fat girl dont like this heat.....(dog question)

Pretty much anything you want to talk about
Jethro
10 Point

Fat girl dont like this heat.....(dog question)

Post by Jethro »

We have a 4 yr old chocolate lab...shes a little over weight.
She has always been inside in a controlled temp environment....shes an air conditioner dog... 😂 She loves to play outside in the winter...throw in some snow, and shes like a kid.
That said...like me, she has a very difficult time in this heat. It just wipes her out.
How does one go about letting her get exercise in this crap? She loves to play fetch, and wont stop till she cant stand up. I dont want her to hurt herself, so...any advice on how to let her burn some energy? Maybe a trip to the lake...do water retrieves? She loves that as well.
Suggestions please.....and thanks.
snakester50
10 Point

Re: Fat girl dont like this heat.....(dog question)

Post by snakester50 »

Your close to the lake seems appropriate.
Tngrizzly_

Post by Tngrizzly_ »

I take mine out around dark to play fetch for a few minutes, also I have a pond that I can throw in and she fetches
GOD, Family, and the Great Outdoors. What more can a Man Want
Jethro
10 Point

Post by Jethro »

Tngrizzly_ wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:38 am I take mine out around dark to play fetch for a few minutes, also I have a pond that I can throw in and she fetches
😂
We have several ponds here as well.....and about 70 head of beef that pee and poop in them. I would prefer her to not smell like that....being an inside dog.

Also...just an FYI. Im not sure what the name of it is, but there is a vaccination they can get for something associated with farm ponds. We get it for her, but its just in case she gets in one. We dont encourage it....for above reason.
scat
8 Point

Post by scat »

All of my dogs are AC dogs in the summer. The hound and bird dogs love their doggie pool that I keep full year round. They dunk in it and go back to chasing birds. Then come inside to relax after dark. https://www.ruralking.com/catalog/product/view/id/30544

I have a big tank for when it gets really hot...like now...
The grandkids get in it too.
https://www.ruralking.com/catalog/product/view/id/37659
20210526_094441.jpg
20210526_094441.jpg (280.04 KiB) Viewed 101 times
Echo the Redtick can't wait for it to fill.
Joe Biden is just Hillary Clinton with a smaller cod.