Worst roads you've ever driven on...

Pretty much anything you want to talk about
Jethro
10 Point

Worst roads you've ever driven on...

Post by Jethro »

Although I cant say what its like now, the worst road Ive ever driven on has to be US 69, from I 44 (Big Cabin) down to Dallas. I swear, whoever poured those slabs must have been high. Every single one of them were like steps to the next one. Getting off of I44, there was a truck stop there. Had to stop and make sure everything in the truck that wasn't nailed down was in the floor.... because thats where it was going to end up anyway. Dang road would beat you to death.

Oh, and in Arkansas....coming out of Memphis. Think it was I 40. Just stopped at a truck stop. Bought a huge 44 oz coke. Put it in cup holder.....of a 100+k $$ tractor that was less than a week old. Hit a friggin pothole so bad...it bounced that drink out of holder into the floor. Talk about being pissed.... 😂 Like to have never got all the sticky out of there....grrrrr
snakester50
10 Point

Re: Worst roads you've ever driven on...

Post by snakester50 »

Some middle Tennessee roads, Lewis , Hickman Lawrance . Not really that bad but he never seen then like of unpaved roads . Can stand much of the local government here in McMinn but will say 95% of our county roads are paved or at least tar and chipped . Dusty roads are a pain ...
Jethro
10 Point

Post by Jethro »

snakester50 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:01 am Some middle Tennessee roads, Lewis , Hickman Lawrance . Not really that bad but he never seen then like of unpaved roads . Can stand much of the local government here in McMinn but will say 95% of our county roads are paved or at least tar and chipped . Dusty roads are a pain ...
😂 My grandparents lived on a gravel road in Bledsoe county. A good portion of my teens, I lived with them. Aint nothing like a truck coming down the road doing 40...after a 2 week drought...geezzzz.
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

As far as county roads go, Overton co. TN has the worst county roads Ive ever driven on BAR NONE.
caretaker
10 Point

Post by caretaker »

I agree with I40 thru Arkansas
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
Wiley
10 Point

Post by Wiley »

caretaker wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:07 pm I agree with I40 thru Arkansas
ARDOT has been working on I40 for decades. I lived in Little Rock in 1983 and they were working on it from Memphis to Forest City back then.

And then there's the Great Forest City Road Block....... Local PD, County and State Troopers BLOCKED I40 and went vehicle to vehicle checking, searching, etc. It ended up costing them millions of $$$ in court.
The older I get the more I understand why roosters just scream to start their day.
Planking
6 Point

Post by Planking »

Arkansas I40 through Memphis or Dallas.
Rob R.
8 Point

Post by Rob R. »

Anywhere in Jackson MS. That place is a literal hellhole. Ive never ever seen such government incompetence.

And I40 between Memphis and Little Rock. Seems like it was rough for 30+ years. I haven’t been on it in several years so hopefully it’s improved.
"Take me hunting daddy!"