A Lowes rant....

Pretty much anything you want to talk about
Jethro
10 Point

A Lowes rant....

Post by Jethro »

I think ive spent my last dollar at Lowes.

I needed some stainless bolts, nuts, and washers, to install some rod holders on my boat. So, I get jeb dressed and off we go to the Lowe's store. We go in through the "pro" entrance, and head to bolt section. They don't have the size I need in packs, so I find some in the little bins. Count everything out and put in those bags. No pen in the area to write in bags with, so I just snap a pic of the barcodes for each item. Start back towards where we came in....holy crap....huge line back into the lumber. Fine, we will go out the other way.
Now, when jeb is with me we talk a lot. He asks tons of questions, and generally speaking, we are in our own little world. We get up front...Not a single cash register open....
I say to jeb...looks like they trying to copy Walmart... 😂 I wasnt mad, or anything....just talking to my son. I see they now have self checkout. Not a problem, I dont mind using them....only problem is...the barcodes are on my phone. A middle aged woman standing there. I quickly tell her my situation, and ask how I do that....ring them up. She literally huffs at me, comes bouncing over (3') and starts banging keys on register thing. At this point I should say....I wasnt interrupting her....no other customers around....just me and jeb.
She then proceeds to very hatefully fuss at me about how I was just going to have to except it...they were doing the best they could do. Now, if she had just made that comment, not a huge issue. But this hag was nearly yelling....with a very hateful tone.
I got jeb by the hand, laid my crap down on the register and started walking towards the door...never said a word. When I get to the door, she yells at me something about "not being like Walmart". I just yelled back....I wasnt talking to you....bit$&!!!
And we left. Went to the small, family owned hardware store down the road. The owner himself helped me find what I needed, and even rung it up on a real register. Oh, and based on individual prices....pretty sure I even saved some money.
Screw Lowe's....if thats the best they can do. I dont need them!!!
scat
8 Point

Re: A Lowes rant....

Post by scat »

I've experienced the worst customer service at Lowes than any other box store. home depot is my first choice. The local Ace that is usually higher than a cats back, is actually a little cheaper lately.
4" 10ft pvc at lowes and hd is running $65 per stick. Screw that. They can keep it. Things are stupid now.
Joe Biden is just Hillary Clinton with a smaller cod.
snakester50
10 Point

Post by snakester50 »

Jethro wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:41 pm I think ive spent my last dollar at Lowes.

I needed some stainless bolts, nuts, and washers, to install some rod holders on my boat. So, I get jeb dressed and off we go to the Lowe's store. We go in through the "pro" entrance, and head to bolt section. They don't have the size I need in packs, so I find some in the little bins. Count everything out and put in those bags. No pen in the area to write in bags with, so I just snap a pic of the barcodes for each item. Start back towards where we came in....holy crap....huge line back into the lumber. Fine, we will go out the other way.
Now, when jeb is with me we talk a lot. He asks tons of questions, and generally speaking, we are in our own little world. We get up front...Not a single cash register open....
I say to jeb...looks like they trying to copy Walmart... 😂 I wasnt mad, or anything....just talking to my son. I see they now have self checkout. Not a problem, I dont mind using them....only problem is...the barcodes are on my phone. A middle aged woman standing there. I quickly tell her my situation, and ask how I do that....ring them up. She literally huffs at me, comes bouncing over (3') and starts banging keys on register thing. At this point I should say....I wasnt interrupting her....no other customers around....just me and jeb.
She then proceeds to very hatefully fuss at me about how I was just going to have to except it...they were doing the best they could do. Now, if she had just made that comment, not a huge issue. But this hag was nearly yelling....with a very hateful tone.
I got jeb by the hand, laid my crap down on the register and started walking towards the door...never said a word. When I get to the door, she yells at me something about "not being like Walmart". I just yelled back....I wasnt talking to you....bit$&!!!
And we left. Went to the small, family owned hardware store down the road. The owner himself helped me find what I needed, and even rung it up on a real register. Oh, and based on individual prices....pretty sure I even saved some money.
Some of the people they hire really don't want to work this they just want to hand around and draw a check. Now don't you punishment Jeb when he calls a salesperson a bi$%h 😆
Jethro
10 Point

Post by Jethro »

snakester50 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:37 pm
Jethro wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:41 pm I think ive spent my last dollar at Lowes.

Some of the people they hire really don't want to work this they just want to hand around and draw a check. Now don't you punishment Jeb when he calls a salesperson a bi$%h 😆
Well, when/if he does...it wont be the first time.. 😂
Shane37110
10 Point

Post by Shane37110 »

I really like my local True Value. If you're in McMinnville and need hardware then Underwood True Value is the place you want to go.
rabbit

Post by rabbit »

Yep, that's getting to be most big box stores. On another note, I see you are teaching Jeb right .rolling.
#FollowMeAndIWillBlessYou
Jethro
10 Point

Post by Jethro »

rabbit wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:45 am Yep, that's getting to be most big box stores. On another note, I see you are teaching Jeb right .rolling.
😂....you should hear some of the things he yells at other drivers..... 😂
Planking
6 Point

Post by Planking »

There is an ace hardware that i really like. Not a fan of Lowes. Last time i was in there were dogs everywhere. They were urinating in the aisles, giant pitbulls, etc.