Pesky whisle pigs !!

Pretty much anything you want to talk about
snakester50
10 Point

Pesky whisle pigs !!

Post by snakester50 »

Pesky groundhogs !! Finally got what I hope was the last of the bunch . The little Ruger carbine 22 finished him off
A little tricky shooting where I live , I usually stick the gun out a partially open door in the laundry room . As I was going to let my little friend Jake out to do his business I happen to see one munching on the clover in the back yard . Getting Jake back into our bedroom without him growling and making enough noise to alert the whisle pig was the first hurdle , next opening the door without the pig noticing it was the other hurdle . Once I got the gun stuck out enough the door to shoot he was in trouble. Head shot wasn't in the cards but a shot through the heart done the trick . I was hoping he didn't live long enough to get under one of my out buildings which he did not . Hope that's all of the suckers .
MUP

Re: Pesky whisle pigs !!

Post by MUP »

I've seen a few dead on the roads lately around here, thinking they may be making a comeback?
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
Wiley
10 Point

Post by Wiley »

I've seen several crossing roads, eating on the side of the road, dead on the road, etc. Is the groundhog rut in full tilt or are they feeding to fatten up for the winter?
The older I get the more I understand why roosters just scream to start their day.
Planking
6 Point

Post by Planking »

They are thick here now. i went almost a decade without seeing one around here. They make those big mounds in the fields for me to crash my equipment into. Ive been using conibears in the hole entrances.