From Rep Scott DesJarlais

MUP

From Rep Scott DesJarlais

Post by MUP »

Tennessee parents and teachers have given me a clear mandate: repeal Common Core.
Common Core, commonly referred to as ObamaCore, is a set of national standards created by the federal government in conjunction with leftist ideologues that have been imposed on our schools and children.
President Obama bribed states into instituting these Common Core standards by offering them hundreds of millions of dollars in stimulus spending in exchange for their adoption.
Not surprisingly the folks who helped develop these standards like Bill and Melinda Gates, as well as numerous publishing companies, stood to make a significant profit off these taxpayer dollars and lobbied fervently for their adoption.
Even the Washington Post, a paper not normally inclined to expose the Obama Administration’s inner workings, has recently reported at length

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ ... story.html

on the secret connections between the Administration and those who stand to benefit from the implementation of Common Core. What is frightening is the deliberate methods they have used in an attempt to allow those who voted in favor of Common Core to disguise that it is still a federally mandated wolf hidden in the sheep's clothing of "state standards."

Unfortunately, members of the Tennessee General Assembly took the bait and voted to bring Common Core to Tennessee.
Under Common Core, Tennessee teachers, administrators and parents are divested of their voices in the education process and forced to comply with a one-size-fits-all approach to our children’s education. It is no surprise that Common Core standards are described as “watered down” and “uncompetitive.”
To fight this serious blow to our state’s education system, I cosponsored H.R. 4008, the Educational Freedom Act of 2014. This legislation would prevent the federal government from providing financial support in exchange for states adopting Common Core standards. In other words, this legislation stops the federal government from bribing states into instituting Common Core like they did here in Tennessee.
While only the General Assembly and Governor Haslam can truly get rid of Common Core in Tennessee, by preventing other states from adopting Common Core, my hope is the entire program will crumble.
We must give our educators and parents the flexibility they need to develop curriculums that are tailored to meet the demands of our children here in Tennessee. Therefore it is critical we repeal Common Core and I will continue to lead the fight to do just that.

Representative Scott DesJarlais, M.D.
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
Inkstainz
8 Point

Re: From Rep Scott DesJarlais

Post by Inkstainz »

Common core needs to be gone. Worst thing ever

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
sgtwebb1
Spike

Post by sgtwebb1 »

I agree, it will do nothing but encourage the ongoing erosion of States Rights, dumb down the education kids receive, and undermine the meaning of the Constitution by subtly changing the wording and "re-teaching" it's meaning.
It HAS to be repealed ASAP.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>>------------->
Death from above

GO VOLS!!
ImThere
10 Point

Post by ImThere »

Representative Scott DesJarlais, M.D.
Is a tool!
Tree Saddle hunters_R_us on Tapatalk bored
in the dog house!
Site Admin

Post by in the dog house! »

IMO the slate needs to be wiped clean of all politicians and start from scratch.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plan

Μολων λαβε