Knight muzzle loaders

Charlie
6 Point

Knight muzzle loaders

Post by Charlie »

dad went this morning and bought a American knight .50cal. muzzle loader. and beat it all he said he gave 40.00 bucks for it. i'm working on getting someones screw up breach plug out of it and find a other one. i saved the nipple but looks like someone had beat the snot out of this thing trying to get it out.
MUP

Re: Knight muzzle loaders

Post by MUP »

My first ML was an American Knight. I could touch holes @ 50 yds, open sights, with that gun. Used 90 gr of loose pyro and .260 gr lead saboted bullets. Still have it, and killed my best ML buck with it back in 2011 even. ;)
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
ghost5
6 Point

Post by ghost5 »

I have a Knight Disc Elite in 45. I love the looks of it but like cleaning a break barrel more than it. Shoot good 100 gr 777 and a 195 gr bullet. Killed several with it
You can't kill 'em on the couch
caretaker
10 Point

Post by caretaker »

Getting that seized up breach plug out may take some doing. Probably will have to put rifle in a vice. Try squirting windex into the plug and the barrel. The windex is lighter than wd40 and might be able to get into the threads where wd 40 can`t.

My nephew took a nice 7 point this past season with his dads ol knight.
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
MUP

Post by MUP »

Any luck getting it out Charlie?
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
RutMan
6 Point

Post by RutMan »

I have a Knight American and a Wolverine. Killed my largest mz buck and first Tn mz deer with the Wolverine in 2007 . Try PB Blaster and let it soak overnight.

Sent from my Huawei-U8665 using Tapatalk 2
Charlie
6 Point

Post by Charlie »

MUP wrote:Any luck getting it out Charlie?
Not yet i might have to let this one slide and us it for parts on my other one. it looks like someone tried to use a cutting torch to get this thing out before i even got it. i took a long drill bit and drilled all the way threw but it seems to have some kind of harder metal in the breech plugs its self.so i just stopped working on it until i can find a dermal to grind the rest out.
MUP

Post by MUP »

Can you take an EZ-Out and unscrew it by driving it into the hole you drilled?