Put Inthedoghouse to work

Pretty much anything you want to talk about
BirdDog525
10 Point

Put Inthedoghouse to work

Post by BirdDog525 »

Did alot of work at the homestead today. Drug a ton of big limbs from the orchard across the yard to burn. Planted some stuff, mowed the grass and spruced up. Then we just went ahead and set the place a blaze! I think we're both pyros... Just a little. Man I tell ya.. I'm sitting here relaxing and I'm a wee bit sore! Them limbs and all that bending down was a little work out! Lord knows I needed it! Gonna try to burn the other few acres tomorrow if we can.
Attachments
phpiHmrHgPM.jpg
phpiHmrHgPM.jpg (64.9 KiB) Viewed 994 times
phpGRz95bPM.jpg
phpGRz95bPM.jpg (76.18 KiB) Viewed 994 times
Steward.of.HIS.Land
sdw
10 Point

Re: Put Inthedoghouse to work

Post by sdw »

It's hard work but you'll see the rewards soon enough! I sure can't wait to get back out of the city and have some land to piddle with.
BirdDog525
10 Point

Post by BirdDog525 »

sdw wrote:It's hard work but you'll see the rewards soon enough! I sure can't wait to get back out of the city and have some land to piddle with.
Yep it's a lot to keep up with. But today's work was just to get ready for the work to come. Gonna get the garden tilled this week and get early plants in. Then it's non stop work til frost! But I really love it though! Weve been at this place a little over a year and it hadn't been taken very good care of so we've been slowly cleaning it up and redo lanscaping, built a pond and trying to make it home. We're so blessed to have this lil place!
Steward.of.HIS.Land
rabbit

Post by rabbit »

Good job! I have a bunch of limbs that need picking up if you in the neighborhood :)
#FollowMeAndIWillBlessYou
caretaker
10 Point

Post by caretaker »

Courtney; don`t you know that playin wiff fire will make ya pee the bed? Least ways that`s what my elders always told me. Next thing ya know you an Chip is a gonna get blamed fer settin the woods on fire (G.S.M.) and maybe a tourist trap or two in the bargin iffin ya ain`t careful. Glad you all are happy with your new place and look forward to seeing pics of your garden and the harvest thereof.
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
BirdDog525
10 Point

Post by BirdDog525 »

caretaker wrote:Courtney; don`t you know that playin wiff fire will make ya pee the bed? Least ways that`s what my elders always told me. Next thing ya know you an Chip is a gonna get blamed fer settin the woods on fire (G.S.M.) and maybe a tourist trap or two in the bargin iffin ya ain`t careful. Glad you all are happy with your new place and look forward to seeing pics of your garden and the harvest thereof.
haha! There will be plenty of gardening to do til fall frost hits! Ya outta come visit, we could use a couple extra hands in about July! That's been my threat to mom and the rest of the family... "if yall come visit, ill have to put ya to work!!"
Steward.of.HIS.Land
BirdDog525
10 Point

Post by BirdDog525 »

rabbit wrote:Good job! I have a bunch of limbs that need picking up if you in the neighborhood :)
It might be a few days til Im up for any more limbs!! These weren't just wind blown limbs... we have 12 fruit trees, and they had to be pruned so hard there's basically just a trunk left, so the limb pile was heavy and huge! haha
Steward.of.HIS.Land
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

Bout time you got Chip to do some work! Lol! There just ain't nothing much better than working on your own piece of land.

Sent from somewhere in the sticks using Tapatalk
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt
Tennessee Lead
10 Point

Post by Tennessee Lead »

Dadgum Y'all were busy !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A hunt based only on the trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be" - Fred Bear
Phil1979
10 Point

Post by Phil1979 »

Sounds like y'all did quite a bit of work. Love me some fire. Careful though.