Will you consume

Pretty much anything you want to talk about
caretaker
10 Point

Will you consume

Post by caretaker »

Me and the guys have been cussin and discussin whether we will eat deer meat. What wiff the EHD and CWD and other issues will it be safe to eat the meat? I myself I am awaiting confermation that eating the meat transmitts the diseases to humans. I dunno. I really like venison. Have two freezers, a new grinder, food processor, and jerky maker. I aint a trophy hunter. I eat what I take while hunting except for varmits and vermin. I am eat it until I have conformation not to.
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
snakester50
10 Point

Re: Will you consume

Post by snakester50 »

Just FYI if I had any doubts I wouldn't eat it , that's just me . Gave all my children this advice " Not having sex will not kill you but unfortunately the wrong type sex could kill you " .
huntinkev
10 Point

Post by huntinkev »

As of now, I will continue to eat. I am currently eating what I killed this past year. If it has been found in my county or more information comes out about it, then I probably won't eat without testing first.
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

I won't change anything until I get confirmation it will affect humans by eating it.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt
JCodd
10 Point

Post by JCodd »

Image fixed some this evening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

JCodd wrote:Image fixed some this evening

That looks great!

Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt
MUP

Post by MUP »

huntinkev wrote:As of now, I will continue to eat. I am currently eating what I killed this past year. If it has been found in my county or more information comes out about it, then I probably won't eat without testing first.

Same here Kev. I'm eating the heck out of the deer I killed this year, and some from last year as well. But, when it gets into my area, I'll be trying to have it tested I reckon.

On a side note, I'm sure CWD tainted meat has been eaten for years from West to East in the country, and the fact that it hasn't transmitted to humans yet carries a lot of weight to me that it won't. Anything is possible, but so far it hasn't, and those are high percentages I believe. Until then, I'll continue to say a blessing over my food, and enjoy what the good Lord hath provided. :)
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
bowhunter5.901
10 Point

Post by bowhunter5.901 »

I grilled two good steaks last night. Until I hear a 100% confirmation that it will effect humans, I will continue to clean out the freezer via cooking. And I will try my best to fill said freezer again next season.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
snakester50
10 Point

Post by snakester50 »

MUP wrote:
huntinkev wrote:As of now, I will continue to eat. I am currently eating what I killed this past year. If it has been found in my county or more information comes out about it, then I probably won't eat without testing first.

Same here Kev. I'm eating the heck out of the deer I killed this year, and some from last year as well. But, when it gets into my area, I'll be trying to have it tested I reckon.

On a side note, I'm sure CWD tainted meat has been eaten for years from West to East in the country, and the fact that it hasn't transmitted to humans yet carries a lot of weight to me that it won't. Anything is possible, but so far it hasn't, and those are high percentages I believe. Until then, I'll continue to say a blessing over my food, and enjoy what the good Lord hath provided. :)
It's good to ask the Lord to bless each and every bite of food we eat especially those prepared by someone else :D . On a side note though and definitely no pun intended , if deer in the area you hunt has been known to have this dreaded disease then don't believe I would eat one bite until it was tested . Hate to be the first one to eat contaminated venison and get the disease . Knowing something is contaminated and then asking the Lord to bless it is a different story .
bobwhite
8 Point

Post by bobwhite »

If and or when CWD begins to show up near my area....lets say within 40-50 miles....I'll stop eating venison. Just to be on the safe side.
War Eagle!
mike243
10 Point

Post by mike243 »

bobwhite wrote:If and or when CWD begins to show up near my area....lets say within 40-50 miles....I'll stop eating venison. Just to be on the safe side.
That's pretty much what I have decided on also,I don't have to eat it to get by but love it
JCodd
10 Point

Post by JCodd »

WG Taxidermist wrote:

That looks great!

turned out great!

owlcreek
10 Point

Post by owlcreek »

I hunt the cwd zone, my dogs are enjoying it. My hunting is done anyhow.

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk
Tru-Talker
6 Point

Post by Tru-Talker »

EHD infected deer I will eat.... CWD....naaaw...
Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves....
AllOutdoors
10 Point

Post by AllOutdoors »

Yeah I'm eating that.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk